Thank you to our cohosts:
Farmville Detention Center, Virginia Beach Correctional Center, Fairfax County Adult Detention Center, George W. Hill Correctional Facility, Camden County Correctional Facility, Community Correction Treatment Center, Hudson County Administrator's Office, York County Prison
It took 36 years to build the Washington Monument.
Those 36 years were marked by disputes, delays, and disappointments. Building required more time, effort, and resources than expected.
Those working in correctional mental health care can probably relate to that. It is easy to feel discouraged. While the problems are clear, the answers are not.
But today, just as the monument shines over the nation’s capital as a beacon of strength and hope, we can be that beacon for our patients.
Come be inspired as the Correctional Mental Health Care Conference shines a light on mental health care. You’ll find ideas, insight, and clarity among clinicians and administrators from a variety of backgrounds who come together for this unique two-day gathering focused on mental health care.
Share information, ask questions, and network at the Correctional Mental Health Care Conference
- Best practices for treating serious mental illness and more
- Examples of successful implementation of medication-assisted
- Real talk from the field and research on improving patient care
- Exploration of legal issues for mental health practitioners and
- Update on care for transgender patients and other special populations
- Visit exhibits during conference breaks and find new ideas and solutions
Learn with other clinicians and administrators with a variety of backgrounds and a focus on correctional mental health care.
Conference sessions will benefit:
- Practitioners who want to be more effective with patients
- Managers searching for benchmarks and new ideas to improve patient care
- Administrators who need to maximize effectiveness of mental health care with a limited budget
- Leaders looking to transform systems, morale, and policies
- Human Trafficking
- Jail-Based Competency Restoration
- Legal Issues
- Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Moral Resilience
- Serious Mental Illness
- Special Populations
- Substance Use Disorders
- Suicide Prevention
- Transgender Care
- Traumatic Brain Injury