CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
The CE below reflects only the in-person event. As we know more about the virtual event, this information will be updated.
CCHPs: Certified Correctional Health Professionals may earn up to 30.5 contact hours of Category I continuing education for recertification.
Nurses: The National Commission on Correctional Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
NCCHC designates this educational activity for a maximum of 30.5 contact hours.
Physicians: The National Commission on Correctional Health Care is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. NCCHC designates this live activity for a maximum of 30.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Psychologists: The National Commission on Correctional Health Care is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NCCHC maintains responsibility for this program and its content. This educational activity has been approved for up to 30.5 hours of credit.
Social Workers: This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval 886452976-8694) for 30.5 social work continuing education contact hours.
Conference Educational Objectives
- List major health care issues that commonly affect incarcerated individuals, including diabetes, hepatitis, HIV, hypertension, mental illness, oral health and substance use disorder
- Describe current legal, ethical and administrative issues and ways to prevent potential problems that arise in correctional settings
- Employ new practices for the treatment of major health care issues in order to better manage common medical, nursing, dental and mental health problems found in correctional settings
- Express increased understanding of common correctional health care issues by exchanging ideas with colleagues about new developments in specialty areas
How To Claim Your CE After the Conference
- Log on to your myNCCHC account via my.ncchc.org/expressevaluation.
- You will see a list of all recent NCCHC events for which you have registered. Choose "2022 Spring Conference on Correctional Health Care" by clicking the "Go to link", which will take you to the evaluation platform
- Once you enter the evaluation platform, select “2021 Spring Conference on Correctional Health Care” Click on “Demographics” and complete the questions. When finished at the bottom of the page, click "Save and Return to Event Home."
- Next click on “Session Evaluation” and choose the type of CE credit you are receiving (ACCME, ADA, ANCC, APA, CCHP, NASW). Hit the “Continue” button.
- Choose your session under the list of days and then Click "Evaluate."
- After you have completed each evaluation, click “Save and Return.” Repeat the process for each session you attended on each day. Then "Return to Event Home."
- Only click on "Overall Evaluation" if you have evaluated all of the sessions you watched. Answer the questions and when finished, click "Return to Event Home."
- Last click on “Certificate” to generate your CE Certificate. You can email the certificate to yourself or download and print it. You have six months to complete the evaluation and print your CE Certificate.