CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
CE will be calculated once the schedule is finalized. The program, including preconference seminars, will offer approximately 30 hours of continuing education for physicians, nurses, psychologists, social workers, and CCHPs.
Conference Educational Objectives
- Demonstrate understanding of correctional health care issues, including quality of care, access to care, financial management, and workforce development
- Identify major health care, research and policy issues facing incarcerated individuals, including infectious diseases, chronic diseases, mental illness, substance abuse, and special needs (e.g., women’s issues, juvenile health, geriatrics, disability, and end-of-life)
- Demonstrate increased understanding of skills necessary to better manage common medical, nursing, dental, and psychological problems found in correctional settings
- Describe legal, ethical, and administrative issues and develop solutions for the correctional setting
How To Claim Your CE After the Conference
- Log on to your myNCCHC account via my.ncchc.org/expressevaluation.
- You will see a list of all recent NCCHC events for which you have registered. Choose "2022 National Conference on Correctional Health Care" by clicking the "Go to link", which will take you to the evaluation platform
- Once you enter the evaluation platform, select “2022 National Conference on Correctional Health Care” Click on “Demographics” and complete the questions. When finished at the bottom of the page, click "Save and Return to Event Home."
- Next click on “Session Evaluation” and choose the type of CE credit you are receiving (ACCME, ANCC, APA, CCHP, NASW). Hit the “Continue” button.
- Choose your session under the list of days and then Click "Evaluate."
- After you have completed each evaluation, click “Save and Return.” Repeat the process for each session you attended on each day. Then "Return to Event Home."
- Only click on "Overall Evaluation" if you have evaluated all of the sessions you watched. Answer the questions and when finished, click "Return to Event Home."
- Last click on “Certificate” to generate your CE Certificate. You can email the certificate to yourself or download and print it. You have six months to complete the evaluation and print your CE Certificate.