TENTATIVE CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
(Will be confirmed when program is finalized)
The CE below reflects the full conference and optional Standards Seminar. Please remove 3.5 hours if you do not choose to attend the standards seminar (separate registration required.)
CCHPs: Certified Correctional Health Professionals may earn up to 17.5 contact hours of Category I continuing education for recertification.
Counselors: Many states accept APA-accredited education. Please check your state's requirements.
Nurses: The National Commission on Correctional Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
NCCHC designates this educational activity for a maximum of 17.5 contact hours.
Nurse Practitioners: Many states accept ANCC, ACCME or general CE certificates. Please check with your state's requirements.
Physicians: The National Commission on Correctional Health Care is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. NCCHC designates this live activity for a maximum of 17.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Psychologists: The National Commission on Correctional Health Care is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NCCHC maintains responsibility for this program and its content. This educational activity has been approved for up to 17.5 hours of credit.
Social Workers: This program will apply for approval from the National Association of Social Workers for 17.5 social work continuing education contact hours.
General: If you are not in one of these named categories, select General to earn a continuing education certificate.
Conference Educational Objectives
- Demonstrate an increased understanding of pervasive as well as emerging mental health problems within correctional populations and related management issues
- Identify best practices in evaluation, treatment and management for incarcerated individuals with mental illness
- Enhance skills necessary to manage mental health care delivery in correctional settings
- Apply the NCCHC standards for mental health services to mental health programs in correctional facilities
How To Claim Your CE After the Conference
- Log on to your myNCCHC account via https://my.ncchc.org/expressevaluation
- You will see a list of all recent NCCHC events for which you have registered. Choose "2023 Correctional Mental Health Care Conference" by clicking the "Go to link", which will take you to the evaluation platform
- Once you enter the evaluation platform, select “Correctional Mental Health Care Conference” Click on “Demographics” and complete the questions. When finished at the bottom of the page, click "Save and Return to Event Home."
- Next click on “Session Evaluation” and choose the type of CE credit you are receiving (ACCME, ANCC, APA, CCHP, NASW). Hit the “Continue” button.
- Choose your session under the list of days and then Click "Evaluate."
- After you have completed each evaluation, click “Save and Return.” Repeat the process for each session you attended on each day. Then "Return to Event Home."
- Only click on "Overall Evaluation" if you have evaluated all of the sessions you watched. Answer the questions and when finished, click "Return to Event Home."
- Last click on “Certificate” to generate your CE Certificate. You can email the certificate to yourself or download and print it. You have six months to complete the evaluation and print your CE Certificate.