SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN! The NCCHC Foundation is offering scholarships to early career professionals and students for conference registration and travel expenses. Learn more!
It's no secret when patients in corrections have more mental health challenges and diagnoses than the patients in the community. Plus, staff burnout and shortages have made conditions for health care professionals even harder. While the problems are clear, the answers are not. Join with colleagues, peers, and experts to explore the many issues facing mental health care professionals in corrections. At one focused event, you'll have your choice of more than 30 sessions to delve into daily challenges and meaningful strategies.
Learn with other clinicians and administrators with a variety of backgrounds and a focus on correctional mental health care.
Conference sessions will benefit:
- Practitioners who want to be more effective with patients
- Managers searching for benchmarks and new ideas to improve patient care
- Administrators who need to maximize effectiveness of mental health care with a limited budget
- Leaders looking to transform systems, morale, and policies
Topics may include:
- Compassion Fatigue
- Hospice and End-of-Life Care
- Human Trafficking
- Legal Issues
- Moral Injury
- Medication Refusal
- Opioids and MAT
- Psychotropic Meds
- Serious Mental Illness
- Staff Self-Care and Burnout
- Substance Use Disorders
- Suicide Prevention
- Unconscious Bias